Friday, June 8, 2007

we take your babies


photo credit: Scott Beale/Laughing Squid laughingsquid.com.

Cults are for realzies. They exist. They are dangerous. They steal people's lives and they steal people's children and they ruin people's families. I know someone who was in a cult for 16 years. He just got out a year ago. He was kind of kicked out. The details are still sketchy to me.

It's totally fucked up that my friend was in a cult. I am trying to make sense of it. How did he not know? How could he be so blind? How does one evil ninja have so much control over so many people? How could he not see how full of shit she was?

I mean, I get it. I get that that's the very nature of cults. But still. That's who he is now. So much of her programming is woven into the fabric of his DNA. I am sure he doesn't even know who he is - where he begins and where that programming ends. I hate it. I hate that he's still a part of it; even if he's fighting it, and trying to take it down, he's still not free from it.

No comments: