Wednesday, May 23, 2007

namaste away from me

I canceled my cable a week ago and new adventures are afoot. I am out and about in a brand new way. Really? I find myself acutely lonely, needy, and wandering the streets. But today I did something constructive with my time. I took a yoga class.

I am conflicted and here's why: I love yoga. But i hate people who love yoga.

The yoga i did tonight from 6-7 at Shakti Studios is a form of Iyengar Yoga. Iyengar was a man who loved his props. He's like the Yogian Carrot Top. His form of Yoga is also called "Restorative yoga." Which essentially means it's not hard.

I am not going to lie, I didn't do much of anything. I laid on the floor on bolsters and on blankets and I breathed through my nose.

Shhhhhh...sometimes i didn't breathe. I just laid on the floor on bolsters and blankets.

No comments: